- RSS Channel Showcase 3172517
- RSS Channel Showcase 8618995
- RSS Channel Showcase 9061901
- RSS Channel Showcase 8761507
Articles on this Page
- 12/19/17--09:14: _Elks Help Vets Cele...
- 12/20/17--13:30: _Wildwood Vets' Rep ...
- 12/21/17--00:55: _Beth Judah Temple a...
- 12/21/17--08:25: _Dog Rescued from We...
- 12/22/17--12:25: _Civic Club to Sell ...
- 12/23/17--11:17: _Featured Home by Ch...
- 12/24/17--07:06: _Back Bay Soil Testi...
- 12/26/17--10:06: _Christmas saved! NJ...
- 01/03/18--13:19: _Storm Cancellations...
- 01/04/18--11:38: _Almost everything i...
- 01/04/18--16:29: _Not everyone in Cap...
- 01/05/18--11:23: _Governor Elect Phil...
- 01/05/18--16:14: _What a difference a...
- 01/05/18--20:49: _Extinguish Your Thi...
- 01/12/18--08:43: _Indictments Filed J...
- 01/13/18--02:24: _'Balmy' Mid-40 Temp...
- 01/15/18--14:23: _Seek to Rename E. B...
- 01/19/18--05:03: _Christie Pardons 26...
- 01/19/18--14:20: _Indictments Filed J...
- 01/20/18--08:52: _Appellate Court Rej...
- 12/19/17--09:14: Elks Help Vets Celebrate Christmas
- 12/20/17--13:30: Wildwood Vets' Rep Wins Employee of Month
- 12/21/17--08:25: Dog Rescued from West Wildwood Fire
- 12/22/17--12:25: Civic Club to Sell Historic Baker House
- 12/23/17--11:17: Featured Home by Chris Henderson Realty
- 12/24/17--07:06: Back Bay Soil Testing on City Property Advances
- 12/26/17--10:06: Christmas saved! NJ woman charged with stealing toys from needy kids
- 01/03/18--13:19: Storm Cancellations, Closings and Delays for Jan. 4
- 01/04/18--11:38: Almost everything is closed in Wildwood -- except Wawa
- 01/04/18--16:29: Not everyone in Cape May had the day off during the blizzard
- 01/05/18--20:49: Extinguish Your Thirst at the New Bucket Brigade Brewery
- 01/12/18--08:43: Indictments Filed Jan. 9
- 01/15/18--14:23: Seek to Rename E. Burk Avenue
- 01/19/18--05:03: Christie Pardons 26, One from County
- 01/19/18--14:20: Indictments Filed Jan. 16
For the fifth year in a row, Elks Lodge 1896 in North Wildwood held a Christmas lunch for veterans Dec. 15. With the addition of students from the Wildwood High School Choir, the lodge was packed for a festive holiday meal peppered with songs of the season, good cheer, and conversation. A variety of veterans' groups were invited to the lunch with the center table populated by veterans from the New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home in Vineland.
WILDWOOD a' "I'm here to help," Jackie Blaydes told the Herald Dec. 14 during a phone interview. The Herald was notified of Blaydes' award and reached out to Blaydes, an employee at the Cape May County One-Stop Career Center under the state Department of Labor.
Please join the members of Beth Judah Temple, Wildwood, and Tabernacle United Methodist Church, Erma, for a Peace and Unity Service, featuring a welcome message from Pastor Jen Bolton, songs, readings and a brief sermonette by Rabbi Ron Isaacs. All are welcome.
City of Wildwood firefighters responded to the 600 block West Maple Avenue in West Wildwood for a reported dwelling fire at 12:34 a.m. Dec. 21. According to a release, Squad 3, under the command of firefighter Gerry Vessels, North Wildwood Quint 2, and West Wildwood Fire Department were initially dispatched. The all-hands was transmitted prior to any fire departments' arrival due to the calls being received.
After more than 80 years, the Wildwood Civic Club has decided to sell its longtime clubhouse, which is also one of the island's most historic buildings. The J. Thompson Baker House at 3008 Atlantic Ave. was home to Wildwood's first mayor, and hosted dignitaries including future president Woodrow Wilson and artist Norman Rockwell.
Don't miss out! This three bedroom, two bath, top floor, corner unit in Wildwood is a gem! A large floorplan provides more than enough room for family and guests. The open living room and dining area feature cathedral ceilings, complete with recessed lighting and ceiling fans.
WILDWOOD a' City Engineer Edward Dennis was scheduled to meet, Dec. 20, with the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP, regarding the status of the back-bay landfill. According to previous statements by Mayor Ernie Troiano, progress has slowed due to compliance with DEP regarding permits.
Toys meant for local kids in need will be on their way to the children after police say a woman swiped them from a toy drive. The woman, later identified as 65-year-old North Cape May resident Irene Burke, was seen on camera taking the toys from the local Acme on Dec. 18, according to police.
The Fare Free Transportation cancelation of services will include all of shopping trips and transportation to the Diagnostic Center. NOTE: Fare Free Transportation services will continue to provide transportation for dialysis patients and Meals on Wheels deliveries will remain on schedule.
The iconic store, known for its standout pink and blue signs that break the mold of the 700-some identical locations up and down the East Coast, was in full operation Thursday morning, despite blizzard conditions outside. Bundled up attendants switched between gas pumps and shovels as they worked to keep the heavy, drifting snow away from the pumps.
With nearly 10 inches of snow on the ground , snow drifts almost twice that size in some places and winds gusting up to 50 miles per hour in Cape May, not everyone at the Jersey Shore had the day off on Thursday. Emergency personnel, public works and others were out and about, doing their best to clear the roads and keep everyone safe.
Governor elect Philip Murphy and his wife Tammy and their four children will visit the "Vietnam Memorial Wall" in Wildwood at 4500 Ocean Avenue, across from the Wildwoods Convention Center. The visit will take place on Sun., Jan. 14. The Governor elect and his wife have chosen this location to kick off his inauguration week.
A day after a blizzard dumped more than a foot of snow on towns across the Jersey Shore, there was nothing but clear blue skies. Whiteout conditions nearly obscured parts the amusement park in Wildwood.
Ignite the party at the new Bucket Brigade Brewery! The spark was started by twin brothers Karl and Kurt Hughes, career firefighters from Cape May County who started as volunteers in Erma. The homebrewers were ready to take their experience to the next level, so they approached longtime friend Mark McPherson, Jr. to make their dream a reality.
A Cape May County grand jury handed up 15 indictments Jan. 9. The abbreviation CDS below stands for controlled dangerous substance. James Enos, 42, of North Wildwood, was indicted for third-degree failure to register a change of address.
The Special Olympics New Jersey returns to the Wildwoods to kick off 2018 with a plunge by hundreds into the Atlantic Ocean during the annual Polar Bear Plunge on Sat., Jan. 13 at 1 p.m. on the beach behind the Wildwoods Convention Center, Burk Avenue and the Boardwalk, Wildwood, NJ. Temperatures in the mid-40's are forecasted for Sat.
WILDWOOD a' City Commissioners passed an ordinance, on first reading, to rename the 300 block of East Burk Avenue to Veterans Way. The street leads to Wildwoods Vietnam Memorial Wall.
Gov. Chris Christie Jan. 12 issued clemency orders for 26 people with records covering a range of criminal offenses, including a woman convicted of harassment and drug charges in Cape May County. According to a release, Amy M. Armbruster was arrested on harassment charges in Wildwood on July 3, 2001, possession of a controlled dangerous substance on July 31, 2001, conspiracy to possess a CDS on July 6, 2002, and use or possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia on Jan. 23, 2004.
A Cape May County grand jury handed up 13 indictments Jan. 16. The abbreviation CDS below stands for controlled dangerous substance. All dates below are in 2017.
A state Appellate Court rejected Arthur L. Hoyle's two arguments Jan. 18 that a search warrant for a global positioning device that tracked his vehicle did not provide enough probable cause and that the court failed to follow a set standard to have a judge recuse himself. Hoyle, whose residence was listed as Wildwood in a 2015 release, has been out of custody since Aug. 23, 2017.